Friday, August 28, 2009

Speak Up for Those Who Cannot Speak for Themselves

Look what I bought!
Not this beautiful lady. The shirt, silly.

From this beautiful lady, who is selling the shirts to raise money for two adoptions.

I am in love with the heart that wants to adopt.

Maybe because I am passionate about adoption. I don't remember when that started, but I do remember thinking that I didn't really know anyone else who wanted to adopt, even if they were physically able to have children. But a BIG truth in life is, "you are never alone," and soon I started learning about people around me who wanted the same thing I did: to see the parentless children, the children who had been abandoned, the children who might otherwise be just a number loved. Loved deeply, immeasurably, and without conditions.

There are an estimated 147 million orphans in this world. Every one of those children has a name and a history. Every one of those children is beautiful, a unique creation. Every one of those children has a heart that can be broken or restored and filled up to the top.

Lovelyn (isn't that such a great name?!) has such a beautiful heart, and I am so excited about her story. So I bought a shirt. A $25 Alternative Apparel shirt to subtract two from that 147 million.

You can, too.

1 comment:

Timothy said...

I'm proud of you.
You make the world a more beautiful place to live.