Monday, December 28, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Most years, I don't make New Year's Resolutions.
This year is a little different. You might have guessed that after reading the title of this post.

This year, Tim and I bought a house. On December 31, we move in to the neighborhood where my church is located, a neighborhood where I want to get to know people and get involved. A neighborhood where some kids don't eat meals with the exception of the weekly family dinner that takes place at the church.

I've been doing a lot of brainstorming and a lot of daydreaming.
When I picture my dream life, I see people in and out of my house all the time. In the kitchen, the living room, the dining room. There are neighborhood kids, my own children, friends, and people who just need a break from the life that they ordinarily live. Mostly, those people sit around a table and are fed with food. But there is so much more that happens around that table. Magic happens there.

Imagine what it feels like when you sit around and share a meal with people who you know love you. It's magic. Some people have no idea what that feels like, but I want those people to find it at my house.

My house is going to become a place full of hot meals, games, laughter, love, and peace. That is my New Year's Resolution.

So. This blog is going to change a little bit.

Over the next year, I am planning on blogging my adventures in feeding...everyone. I'll be writing about creating yummy, nutritious meals on a budget, coming up with resources for all those meals,sharing my successful (and sometimes unsuccessful recipes), talking about hurdles and joys, and posting about freebies and promotions I find (because I know I'm not the only one who'll be looking for a good bargain in the coming year!).


Happy New Year to you.
May it be a year of peace, joy, and new adventures.

1 comment:

Love said...

hi sarah! this is a beautiful resolution. i'm not a cook by nature (though i DO cook)....but i am a welcomer. we have functions here all the time and i love that people feel so at home here. when YOU add great food to that...what a ministry.
so nice to meet you!

ps--and it really should be said that you're beautiful. =)