Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Want Nap Time Back

I am tired today, so I'm not quite sure how my words will come out.

I've been tired. It seems that my old impulse to "get a donut FULL of frosting right after work" has been replaced with the strong desire to lay my head down and sleep, sleep, sleep. And I want to sleep, I think my body needs the sleep, but I also don't want to miss out on life by sleeping away ALL my free time (although part of me wants to do just that!).

I don't really have a solution, except to sit with each moment and be there. Make the best decision I can in each moment, and live in it.

Today, one of the best decisions I could make was to be honest with my students about just how tired I was. Some afternoons, one of the best decisions I could make will be to sleep. During others, it will be a walk with a friend or a meeting for coffee (yay coffee!).

Last night, I was able to spend some quality time with my mom over dinner at my favorite restaurant. I'm really excited about my small group this year, a work-study position I have taken at a local yoga studio, and the beginning of family night. I'm also excited about fall (my absolute favorite season!), Thanksgiving, apple picking, baking, taking yoga classes, and spending as much time with friends and family as I can.

I'm starting to feel a little more energized just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I vote yes to the nap too! But I think you're right just thinking about energizing things can give us energy. I hope you can rest some over the weekend.