Friday, September 18, 2009

Some Favorites

  • I love a big bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Lately, I'm most likely to eat the following combination (as inspired by my pal Amy): oats cooked with cinnamon and milk, plus a tablespoon of agave nectar, a tablespoon of peanut butter, and a sliced banana. I'm also looking forward to subbing in some unsweetened shredded coconut for the agave nectar.
  • I REALLY love my girls (and my co-leader, Kristin!). We cuddle together, go to yoga classes, talk about life, laugh a lot. This Tuesday, one of the girls is going to teach the rest of us how to make apple pie with crumbs on top (I have never made a pie!). They are really awesome girls, each with their own perspective on life. I am really sad that they will be graduating in June (I tell them that I'm going to sabotage their graduation), but I'm determined to use the time I do have with them. And I'm thrilled to welcome other girls into our group, as well.
  • Yoga! I don't know what, but something went off inside of me that says, "yoga, yoga, yoga!" I'm thrilled to be able to spend time with my girls during some of my classes and also to get to know new names, faces, and stories through my work study position.
  • My family. I have a great family. I miss my brother and sister tremendously when they are away, but our time together is even sweeter for it. I have seen relatives from my dad's side of the family AND my mom's side recently, and I've been able to enjoy quality time with them just as if it hasn't been months (or years?) since I last saw them. And because most of Tim's family lives within a 5-20 minute drive, I finally have my childhood wish of living near my relatives!
  • Shared meals. Possibly the best thing in life. (Oops. Have I said this too many times?)
  • A good chunk of time to do a thorough cleaning or cook a great meal. I usually end up putting a lot on my calendar, so I "good chunks of time" to do either of those things are not every day occurences. But I love the chance to take my time and do something "house-wifey."

2 comments:

Meredith said...

That's a great list of favorites! I too enjoy cooking when I have the time.

sarah diama said...

yum oatmeal!! I can't wait for it to cool down here to enjoy hot cereals in the morning :) I like your comment about being 'house-wifey' all too true, I enjoy it also! :) miss you xoxo