Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sarah the Sponge

I can never just go to bed as soon as I arrive home. I can't. Unless Tim does and turns off all the lights so I can't see anything AND I'm just really exhausted. But it just feels so unnatural to go to bed right after I get home. I want to let the evening (or the day) sink in.

So, I did that. I'm doing that. I grabbed a string cheese and an ice cream sandwich (because all I've craved since I got home from my run today has been dairy), briefly wondered why I didn't wear make-up today (this thought remained brief because I realized that I just did not want to take the time to color up my face and make me look just a little more awake than I actually am. I'm going for "honest and open" today, it seems).

And now, I'm just...savoring. It's a little bit like the way I treat a good piece of dark chocolate. I can make a truffle or a dark Dove Promise last a looooong time. To me, chocolate is something that should be savored and thoroughly enjoyed. The taste should just soak your taste buds. I don't usually need a lot of chocolate to be satisfied. (Ice cream is an exception here. I will take a lot of that, thank you.) Now I'm digressing and totally thinking about chocolate (which technically counts as dairy).

But the truth is that because I am a processor and because I am still soaking things in, I could not churn out a good post right now that could accurately portray my feeling and reflections and lessons learned. Maybe tomorrow. Right now, I'm just going to soak. And enjoy.

No comments: