Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tis the Season for Comfort Food

I love the autumn season.
The crisp air, the red leaves, hot drinks on cold days, sitting bundled up on a couch and enjoying the afternoon with friends. Sweaters and jeans. And everything pumpkin, apple, or caramel.

'Tis the season for comfort food!
Right now, my list looks like this:
-Beef and Barley Soup- I've made this once before, and it is fan-TASTIC. Definitely my favorite on a cold day.
-Vegetarian Chili. And Spicy Jalapeno Cornbread.
-Turkey Meatloaf and potatoes served a variety of ways (I'm a particular fan of the roasted variety.)
-Baked Apples
-Pan-Seared Oatmeal with Warm Fruit Compote and Cider Syrup
-Chicken Corn Chowder
-Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

And you know, if you wanted to join me in a few of those eating occasions, I certainly wouldn't mind:).

No comments: