Thursday, July 2, 2009

30 Days

Okay, here it is.

I've completed my 90-day trial period at work. I've somewhat transitioned into my "new normal." So, naturally, I'm ready for another change.

Vegetarianism. For 30 days.

It's something that has been rolling around in my mind for quite some time. But to be honest, I just did not want to sit down (or get up, drive, or any other action requiring extra effort on my part) to do the research I want to do or to plan meals and matching grocery trips.
I did not feel like I wanted to handle a major job change, corresponding changes at home, changes in my involvement at youth group, AND major changes in my diet.
I wanted convenience, thank you.

But here I am. Posing as a vegetarian for 30 days, in effort to see if this is something I want to sign on to. Mostly because I believe in thinking (and acting) globally, and belief is made evident through actions, not words.

So, here I go!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

That's exciting. I want to read about what you eat. I have instituted Meatless Mondays in my house... starting this coming Monday. I will be needing some different meal ideas. Good for you, taking on such a challenge!

sarah diama said...

i love your adventures Sarah! We only eat meat two times a week if that - it's part of our agreed meal plan, and we totally enjoy it! Thought of you tonight as i made hummus! yummy! miss you lots, xoxoxoxxoo