Saturday, July 4, 2009

Ten Reasons Why My Husband is My Favorite Person on this Planet

1. He lets me be me. I don't know how this is for everyone, but as a "pastor's wife," I find that sometimes people place a lot of varying expectations on me. Tim does not do that. For him, there's no mold. He wants me to be me, because as he says, the church is better for it if I am myself. How freeing is that!

2. He's adventurous. I can't live a satisfying life without some adventure. This guy knows adventure. Before we were married, we went sky diving and jumping his car off of "ramps," but the clincher was when I asked him where he would be willing to live. He said anywhere. Anywhere in the United States, or anywhere? Anywhere. I was sold (ok, I was also "sold" on a number of other occasions, as well.)

3. He's passionate. About his job, the church, his family, and learning.

4. He supports my ideas, despite the fact that those ideas are many and often changing. Some of those idea include publishing, holding dinner parties, planting herbs, learning to sew/knit/bake bread/make hummus, buying a little black pig, buying a goat, adoption, holding a community kitchen, starting a themed co-written blog, and going vegetarian. Not all of those ideas come to fruition, but Tim is willing to back me on anything that does come about.

5. He knows me better than anyone else, and still chooses to think I am great.

6. He really loves people.

7. He is committed to our marriage.

8. He is certainly the better communicator between the two of us, and things get worked out when we argue.

9. He makes me a better person. To name a few ways this is true: I am more patient, more self-confident, carrying fewer issues (including anger and bitterness), and more free since we began our relationship.

10. Just because he is my husband. Of course we both love each other, and then we are human and imperfect. But he is my partner in this adventure called life, and I'm so grateful for that.

3 comments:

Timothy said...

I have certainly tested your patience!
and you are a much better person than me.
You prove it over and over.
and I love you, too!

Meredith said...

That is such a sweet post.

Amanda said...

love this.