Friday, July 3, 2009

Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down

Today is day two.

So far, the only thing I have not been pleased with about all of this is is this:



Thumbs down. Cherry Pie Lara bars are just not my thing.



Everything else, I like. It seems like being conscious of not eating meat and why I'm not eating meat has made me more conscious in other areas, as well. During the last two days, I haven't been putting artificial sweeteners into my body (this is notable, but it will be even MORE notable if I can keep it up for the entire 30 days...and beyond?).

Also, I stopped at the grocery store today for some veggie burgers to bring to tonight's pool party (everyone else will be eating hot dogs and hamburgers), and I came across three treats I wanted to try: coconut milk ice cream, Namaste baking mix (for brownies or blondies? Who can decide?), and Sunspire chocolate chips. I decided to choose one (after all, I still have a grocery budget to keep) After some contemplation (I take my food seriously, people!), I decided on the chocolate chips because they're more versatile, and they're fair trade. Yes, they're about two times as much as my usual bag of chocolate chips, but I know the people who helped produce them were paid fairly. So I buy fewer treats..I can handle that.

2 comments:

sarah diama said...

okay - so with you on the Lara bar! I've tried quite a few and some simple should not be! :)

Amanda said...

i'm a huge stevia fan. i use splenda. and the no-cal part is great. and i guess it's better than sweetnlow or equal. but i still feel guilty. because it's still chemically processed. stevia doesn't have the "measures cup for cup like sugar" advantage of those big ol' bags of splenda you can buy in the grocery stores, though. someone needs to get working on that. :)

p.s. the word verification to be able to comment says "conases". fyi.